Given the extreme environments that Xplore rugged tablets experience every day, we know that our damage-resistant screens must be strong, drop-resistant and outdoor viewable under any circumstance. That's why we use chemically strengthened glass screens on all of our rugged, fully rugged and ultra-rugged tablet PCs, and why we've chosen Corning® Gorilla® Glass as the foundation for many of our toughest damage-resistant tablet displays.
Chemically-Hardened, Damage-Resistant Tablet Screens
Based on a comprehensive understanding on how glass breaks, Corning® created Gorilla® Glass to better survive the real-world events that commonly cause glass failure. Designed specifically for tough mobile PCs, Corning’s Gorilla® Glass improves display screen durability and damage resistance without adding weight to Xplore rugged, fully rugged and ultra-rugged tablet PCs. In fact, all of the chemically strengthened glass technologies we use in our rugged tablet lineup feature a lightweight, damage-resistant display. That's why Xplore's tough tablets hold strong during drops, bumps and bruises that occur during typical handling.
Damage Resistant Features
A variety of features come together in a strong, damage-resistant glass that is ideal for Xplore rugged tablet PCs, including:
- Chemically strengthened to withstand high-volume user interaction and repetitive motion
- Highly durable cover glass for increased lifespan of rugged tablet PCs
- Adds protection without impacting pen response
- Increased ability to resist and withstand damages compared to rugged mobile device without Gorilla Glass
- Retains its performance advantage even when used in thin form factors
- Retains optical characteristics after extended use and abuse
- Remains strong over time
- Water, chemical and disinfectant-resistant coating: easy to clean and remove dust, dirt, or other elements.