Gorilla® Glass - Display Damage Resistance
What is Gorilla® Glass?
Based on comprehensive understanding on how glass breaks, Corning® created Gorilla® Glass to better survive the real world events that commonly cause glass failure. Designed specifically for mobile devices, Corning’s Gorilla® Glass improves screen durability without adding weight to the highly mobile tablet PCs.
Motion by Xplore Tablet PCs were the first rugged tablet PCs to feature Corning’s durable Gorilla® Glass. Corning Gorilla Glass is an environmentally friendly alkali-aluminosilicate thin-sheet glass designed specifically to function as a cover glass for portable display devices. Its superior composition allows a deeper layer of chemical strengthening than is possible with other chemically strengthened glasses, giving it an increased ability to resist and withstand damage.
Gorilla Glass Features
A variety of features come together in Corning’s Gorilla Glass to create a strong, damage-resistant glass that is ideal for tablet PCs, including:
- Chemically strengthened to withstand high-volume user interaction and repetitive motion
- Highly durable cover glass for increased mobile Tablet PCs lifespan
- Adds protection without impacting pen response
- Increased ability to resist and withstand damages compared to device without Gorilla Glass
- Retains its performance advantage even when used in thin form factors
- Retains optical characteristics after extended use and abuse
- Remains strong over time
- Water, chemical and disinfectant resistant coating: easy to clean and remove dust, dirt, or other elements.