Absolute Data & Device Security (DDS)
Absolute Data & Device Security (DDS) allows organizations to persistently track and secure all of their endpoints within a single cloud-based console. Computers and ultra-portable devices such as netbooks, tablets, and smart phones can be remotely managed and secured to ensure—and most importantly prove—that endpoint IT compliance processes are properly implemented and enforced.
IT ASSET MANAGEMENT
Centrally manage your entire computer fleet from a single, online portal: The Absolute Customer Center. Monitor changes in asset information – regardless if a device is on or off the company network.
DATA & DEVICE SECURITY
Remotely delete data on missing computers and produce a log of the deleted files to prove compliance. Use the Device Freeze feature to freeze the screen of a target computer. Once frozen, display a custom message to the user encouraging them to comply with specific requests for action.
- Ensure that data is permanently deleted at the file, directory or OS level
- Avoid fines and other non-compliance penalties – including the bad publicity of a data breach
- Encourage end-user behavior for actions like timely lease returns, servicing, audits and user validation
Use Wi-Fi and GPS (requires a GPS receiver) to track devices on an internet map, viewing current and historical locations within about 33 feet. Create geofences to trigger alerts and other functionality if a device crosses a predefined boundary.
- Quickly respond to suspicious or unauthorized movement and take proactive security measures
- Locate missing devices faster, reduce loss and limit asset drift
- Incorporate physical location into your security strategy
In the event of theft, utilize the services of the Absolute Theft Recovery Team. Working alongside local authorities, Absolute maintains the industry’s highest computer theft recovery rates.
- Avoid replacement costs
- Determine if sensitive files were accessed from recovered machines