Xplore is always looking for Marketing Interns to add to our team.
Marketing Interns will assist with online marketing efforts, social/community outreach, development of marketing materials and the website, content writing, research and analysis, channel partner programs, tradeshow coordination, and project management.
In return, interns will gain valuable experience in business-to-business marketing within the booming Austin technology sector. Interns will also receive mentoring directly from the VP of marketing, and there is potential for long-term employment for the right candidate. This internship will challenge you—interns must deliver superior results by set deadlines. If you are ready to perform real work and jump-start your career, this internship is for you.
If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line "Marketing Internship".
- Learning our products and offerings quickly in order to be able to effectively contribute ideas and creative content.
- Assist in writing/editing/designing marketing materials
- Assist in developing campaigns for product launches, targeting industry sectors, lead generation, and more
- Assist with online marketing efforts, including social media outreach, website management (non-coding), email marketing, SEO, and blogging
- Tracking web analytics and leads to improve our current sales and marketing processes
- Working with PR firm to maximize coverage
- Attend weekly marketing meetings to brainstorm ideas, deliver progress reports, and plan for future campaigns.
Knowledge & Skills
Candidate should have general marketing experience and an ability to quickly learn the industry we work in, as well as the marketing software/tools we use. He/She should be familiar with standard marketing practices, as well as online marketing practices for social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc), email marketing, and website optimization. A high level of web savvy is required. Excellent writing skills are a must--candidate will assist with writing efforts for collateral/website/sales presentations. In addition, candidate should be capable of initiating and maintaining strong personal relationships, and should be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. He/she should be able to coordinate with all the departments involved to ensure the completion of the associated marketing programs. A high degree of organization and self-motivation is required—candidate will be able to follow directions well, but take initiative on projects when necessary. This person must quickly learn the product and the market. He/She must also stay aware of the upcoming company opportunities and assist with event coordination when necessary.
Other Preferred (but not required) Candidate Skills/Traits
These are not required; we will consider any candidate that can perform the duties listed above.
- Marketing Student, Recent graduate or responsible graduating Senior
- Marketing or related degree
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with computer hardware
- Experience with web design, HTML, CSS
- Familiar with Salesforce, Hubspot, and/or other marketing software
- Experience with graphic design and design software (i.e. Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
To Apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Writing samples will also positively affect your application, but are not required.